SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
Smith Gee Studio is seeking a licensed (or on path to licensure) senior architectural designer with a professional degree in architecture from an accredited program. At least 5+ years of related working experience preferred. The candidate will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of assigned project(s), including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of the design solutions that best meets the client’s needs. They may provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects. They would also be expected to work well in a collaborative team-oriented environment and have proactive communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be able to independently apply advanced architectural design concepts, carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures, and may provide mentorship and technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Ability to lead the design, drawing, and documentation process
- Developed skill sets in design and construction documentation & able to teach others
- Ability to coordinate with team members, sub-consultants, vendors, and stakeholders
- Ability to review own work and work of designers
- Ability to assist and guide designers and answer technical questions
- Demonstrates all of the key requirements of team work
- Proficient and recent experience in using Revit to create architectural construction documents
- Experience and proficiency in SketchUp, Adobe programs, Lumion and/or Enscape preferred
About Smith Gee Studio
Collaboration, Community, and Exceptional Design. You’ll find them in everything we do — from our projects, to our office culture, to our passion for making improvements in our communities. Our work environment is a key to our success. It’s a collaborative, creative, trusting and fun atmosphere, where people are given plenty of opportunities to grow their skills and take on greater responsibility. We are always interested in meeting motivated, detail-oriented people who share our passion for creating great places to live, work and play. We offer competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including healthcare, 401(k) plans, continuing education allowances, 4 weeks paid time off per year, and paid parental leave.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and a portfolio of work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.