INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE/DESIGN (5-8 years)
- Professional degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, working toward professional licensure
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and Rendering programs
- Previous design office experience and community involvement, a plus
- Holistic approach to interior and architectural design and spatial thinking
- Solid understanding of the elements and principles of design including form, scale, color, texture, pattern, light, balance and proportion
- Ability to communicate design intent with hand drawings, vision boards, or precedent imagery
- Skilled in strong communication, problem solving and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with various concurrent projects in different stages of development
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills and contributing in all aspects of completing a project – including detailing, working with contractors and engineers, and complying with codes, fair housing, energy efficiency and accessibility requirements.
- Enthusiastic. Humble. Motivated.
SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
Smith Gee Studio is seeking a licensed (or on path to licensure) designer with a professional degree in architecture from an accredited program and at least 5 years of related working experience. The candidate will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of assigned project(s), including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of the design solutions that best meets the client’s needs. They may provide professional architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of large complex projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to independently apply advanced architectural design concepts, carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures, and may provide technical guidance to less experienced team members.
• Ability to lead the design and drawing process
• Developed skill sets in design and construction documentation & able to teach others
• Ability to coordinate with team members, sub-consultants, vendors and stakeholders
• Ability to review own work and work of designers
• Assist and guide designers
• Demonstrate all of the key requirements of team work
About Smith Gee Studio:
Collaboration, Community, and Exceptional Design. You’ll find them in everything we do — from our projects, to our office culture, to our passion for making improvements in our communities. Our work environment is a key to our success. It’s a collaborative, creative, trusting and fun atmosphere, where people are given plenty of opportunities to grow their skills and take on greater responsibility. We are always interested in meeting motivated, detail-oriented people who share our passion for creating great places to live, work and play. We offer competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including healthcare, 401(k) plans, a dog-friendly, casual workplace and occasional karaoke parties. Basically, we love what we do, and that’s a big reason why our clients love what we do for them.
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and a portfolio of work samples in PDF format to email@example.com.